Your doctor is about to authorize
release. Now it’s time to choose a home
health care provider – an important
decision, a wealth of considerations,
and many questions. We’ll help you
answer all of them. Seeking home
health care with confidence is the
mission of Main Street Homecare.
The most important step is the first.
Before release from the hospital, it’s time to choose a health care provider you can trust - with experience, understanding and a track record of success.
Main Street Homecare works with the Discharge Planner and you!
- Your doctor clears you to return home.
- Establishes specific treatment/care needs.
- Our registered nurse visits your home to ascertain needs.
- Administrative requirements are reviewed, including consent forms.
- Medical history and assessment completed by our registered nurse.
- Insurance and compliance details completed.
- Explains everything to earn your trust.
- Treatment and plan begins.
Often the best place to recover quickly and safely from an illness or injury is your home. Your doctor can help you decide if your healthcare needs can best be met in your home.
Home Health Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Home Health Aide
- Social worker
Education and Care
- IV therapy
- Wound care
- Ostomy care
- Nutritional and medication education for diabetics
- Mobility training
- Exercises for range of motion and recovery
- Training for use of assistive devices
- Swallowing training
- Assistance with long term planning, financial aid and community resources
- Physician and nursing care
- On-call assistance
- Medical appliances and supplies
- Outpatient drugs for symptom management and pain relief
- Short-term respite care in an inpatient setting
- Home health aide
- Homemaker services
- Medical social services
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Nutritional and dietary counseling
- Spiritual care
- Volunteer support
- Bereavement and counseling support
- Individual physical, occupational and speech/language therapy
- In-home care
- Therapy designed to meet goals approved by your physician as medically necessary
- Wide variety of developmental disorders, including but not limited to autism, developmental delays, cerebral palsy, neuromuscular disorders, speech delays
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment and Dysphagia and Sensory Integration Dysfunction Home Health Aides
- Diabetic care and teaching
- IV therapy
- Occupational MS
- Enterstomal care
- Wound care and treatment
- Wound VAC (vacuum assisted closure)
- Blood pressure instruction
- Anodyne® therapy
- ProthrombinTime testing with quick results
- Postoperative care
- Medication education
- Nutritional instruction
- Patient and family education
Home Health Aides
- Personal hygiene
- Light housekeeping
- Light laundry